Monday, November 15, 2010

ABIDE! Today - November 15, 2010

"Search me, O God and know my heart, try me and know my thoughts: and see if there be any wicked way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting."   -Psalm 139:23

We are beginning a time of self-examination and asking God to reveal any sin in us that needs to be dealt with in His presence.  Please be completely honest and ask God to reveal these things to do.  Then, address specific issues to Him.

Is there anyone against whom you hold a grudge?

Is there someone who wronged you - maybe even years ago?  Someone who did something that hurt your feelings?  Did someone say something that brought hurt to you? 

Maybe you have felt justified in holding a grudge against this person/people.  Maybe they did truly wrong you.  Perhaps they haven't even apologized to you.  However, you need to realize that holding a grudge is only hurting your walk with Christ.  Don't let this "root of bitterness" grieve the Spirit and dump water on the fire of your passion for Jesus.  No matter how painful, it is time to release that person.  Ask God to help you, He will!

No comments:

Post a Comment