June 2007June 5, 2007: 1 John: Chapter 5, verses 1 to 21 (Download or Stream)
- Is it possible to actually know for certain where you will spend eternity? Many practice their religion their entire lives without ever really knowing for sure what their eternal destiny will be. As we finish out study of 1 John, we will find that the Bible promises us that we can have the assurance of where we will spend eternity.
- Are we supposed to judge teachers of the Word? Maybe you have heard the admonition, “Do not speak against the Lord’s anointed!” However, the Scripture urges us not to take any teacher at face value. Find out how we do this as we continue our study of 1 John.
- Is it enough to just love people? Or is there a deeper element to the love we are to demonstrate to the world? As we continue our study of 1 John, we will see the importance of holiness and righteousness in the life of the Christian.
- Loving Jesus is reflect in our love for others. Of all the commands of Scripture, one that believers have always been challenged to re-prioritize is the call to love. Join us as we continue our study of 1 John.
- With so many denominations, religions, and churches, it can be hard to sift through what is true and what is false. This is nothing new - it was just as true in the first century. Let us learn some practical lessons regarding the core truths of the Gospel as we begin our study in 1 John.