August 2008August 17, 2008: Luke: Chapter 24 (Download or Stream)
- Jesus died and rose from the dead. We celebrate this glorious truth every spring. But what difference does it make in your life? What impact should the Resurrection have on your daily living? What impact will it have on your future? Let us revisit this life-changing event as we continue our study of Luke.
- Why is it called Good Friday? What could possible be good about the day when the perfect Son of God was brutally and horrifically put to death in the most gruesome way possible? Journey back to Calvary's cross as we continue our study of the Gospel of Luke.
- If you were on of the disciples of Jesus and everything was going so well in the ministry, how would you feel when Jesus starts talking about death? How would you feel as he predicts that one of the leaders would deny Him? What lessons can be learned when you are in the shadow of the cross? Join us as we continue our study of Luke's gospel.
July 2008July 27, 2008 Luke: Chapter 20, verse 27 to Chapter 21, verse 38 (Download or Stream)
- Looks can be deceiving. Those who appear to have nothing may be rich in the Kingdom. Those who appear religious may be leading you astray. How can we stand firm as we race toward the End Times? Let us pick up our study of the gospel of Luke.
- As we live for Christ, it seems there are always challenges and obstacles in our path. We continually run into those who are hostile to the Gospel and who seek to bring doubt into our minds. As we continue in Luke, let us see how Jesus dealt with those who opposed Him.
- How desperate are you to be near Jesus? How ready are you to serve Him wholeheartedly? Do you praise Him when it is popular and distance yourself from Him when the pressure is on? Let us allow God to search our hearts as we continue our study in the book of Luke.
- Jesus did not always get along with the religious elite. He ate with tax collectors and sinners. He allowed a rich young ruler to walk away from the Gospel. We will learn some interesting elements of evangelism from the life of Jesus as we continue our study of the gospel of Luke.
June 2008June 29, 2008 Luke: Chapter 17, verses 20 to 37 (Download or Stream)
- For generations now, Christians have believed that they were living in the last days. How do we know when the last days are upon us? Are we drawing closer to the return of Jesus Christ? Find the answers as we continue our study through Luke's gospel.
- Overcoming temptation. Increasing our faith. Believing God for the impossible. These are some of the challenges we face daily as we live for Jesus Christ. As we continue our study through Luke, let us ask God to strengthen us in these areas.
- Are you faithful in the small acts of obedience that God places in front of you? Are you ridiculed for your obedience? What will it take to reach this world for Jesus Christ? Let us find answers as we continue our study in the gospel of Luke.
- The parable of the lost sheep, the lost coin, and the lost (prodigal son) teach us a great deal about the heart of God toward a lost world. Have you heart captured by the heart of God as we continue our study of Luke's gospel.
- Is discipleship easy? Is there any sacrifice required in following Jesus? Jesus was up front about the cost of discipleship. Discover what He has to say as we go back to our study of Luke.
May 2008May 11, 2008 Luke: Chapter 13, verses 1 to 21 (Download or Stream)
- What is the message that Jesus has sent us to preach? Are we called to proclaim to a lost world that God loves us? That He has a wonderful plan for our lives? That He created us with a purpose? That we have a God-shaped hole in our hearts? Find out what Jesus says as we continue in the book of Luke.
- Has the thought of the return of Jesus Christ crossed your mind yet today? Does it make any difference in the way you face each and every day? Jesus calls us be ready at all times for His return. We cannot take our belief in the return of Jesus and lock it up in a theological closet. Let the Lord awaken our hearts as we open our Bibles and continue our study of Luke.
April 2008April 20, 2008: Luke: Chapter 12, verses 1 to 34 (Download or Stream)
- Are you worried? Anxious? Overwhelmed? In this world, it is hard not to be filled with stress and anxiety. Learn what Jesus has to say about anxiety as we continue our verse-by-verse study of the gospel of Luke.
- We tend to try and impress people at work and at church with the things that we say and do. But Jesus knows what is really going on in our hearts. Jesus had some strong words to say to the Pharisees, the religious leaders, about dealing with what is inside of our hearts. Let us see what He said as we continue our study in Luke.
- Do you struggle with prayer? Are you not sure how to pray? Are you bogged down with prayer formulas and outlines and and books and acronyms to guide you in prayer? Don't re-invent the wheel. Learn a very simple model of prayer from the most powerful prayer warrior ever - Jesus Himself. Let us open our Bibles to Luke as we continue our study.
March 2008March 30, 2008: Luke: Chapter 10, verses 21 to 42 (Download or Stream)
- What is the most important thing you can do as a Christian? Is it giving money? Feeding the hungry? Serving in the church? We learn a very shocking answer as Jesus interacts with two good friends, Mary and Martha. Let us discover the most important thing we can do as we continue our study of the gospel of Luke.
- What does it mean to have a "cross to bear?" This phrase is used so often that the meaning gets lost. let us learn what it truly means to deny ourselves, take up our cross, and follow Jesus as we continue our study through Luke's gospel.
- Casting out demons. Healing the sick. Feeding the 5,000. The ministry of Jesus was filled with the display of His power. And He is the same One who has called us to represent Him to this world. Do we realize the amazing power of God available to us as we serve Him? Let us open our Bibles to the book of Luke as we continue our study.
February 2008February 24, 2008: Luke: Chapter 8, verses 1 to 25 (Download or Stream)
- Why is it that there seem to be so many people who profess to be Christians for a while, but then go back to living in sin? How does this impact the way that we share the Gospel with others? Learn the answers to these questions and others as we continue our study of the gospel of Luke.
- Is God impressed by your status? Is He impressed with what you can do? Is He impressed with how strong you are? Find out as we continue our study of Luke.
- What does God expect of His people? What are some of the basic qualities that should be true of a Christian? Discover these truths as we study the gospel of Luke.
- Is the Sabbath commandment still valid for Christians today? What is the sabbath and what is it all about? Find out as we continue our study in the gospel of Luke.
January 2008January 27, 2008: Luke: Chapter 4, verse 32 to Chapter 5, verse 39 (Download or Stream)
- Jesus did not choose the best and the brightest to be his disciples. Who did He choose and why? Find out what Jesus was looking for and what it is He was calling them to do as we conitnue with our study in the gospel of Luke.
- Do temptations overwhelm you? Do you feel like there is no way to overcome temtpation? Jesus was tempted in every way and was without sin - find out how He did it as we continue our study in the gospel of Luke.
- Did you realize that God uses imperfect people? What is God looking for in those He will use? What did John say that we need to give careful attention to today? Join us as we go back to our study of Luke.
December 2007December 30, 2007: Luke: Chapter 2, verse 21 to 52 (Download or Stream)
- If you have ever been around children, you know that they can be less than perfect. Was Jesus perfect even as a child? Join us as we study Luke’s gospel.
- Life can be so regular. We just go through the motions of daily life, never expecting God to do anything miraculous. As we continue our study of Luke, we will see how some shepherds were forever changed on one very ordinary day.
- Do you ever feel common and not very special? Do you feel like God could never use someone like you to do anything significant for His glory? God took an ordinary teenage girl and used her in an extraordinary ways. Let us continue our study of Luke and see how God can use you, as well.
- After centuries of silence, God once again sends a prophet to the people of Israel. This prophet, John the Baptist, will announce to the people the most important message in human history - the time of the Messiah has come! Join us as we begin our study of the gospel of Luke.